Re: [linux-audio-user] couple of muse questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] couple of muse questions
From: James Stone (stone1_AT_btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:44:21 EET

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 12:49:50AM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 March 2004 12:04 am, antoine rivoire wrote:
> > a simple stupid question: in muse the tempo is in percentage?
> > or is 100 really 100 bpm? what is the rationale here?
>
> It's BPM.

No its not (AFAIK).

When you start Muse, the default is 100%, 120 bpm.

> > Secondly when starting muse as a normal user I get:
> > cannot open rtc clock /dev/rtc: Permission denied
> > how can I change the permission permanently?
> > kernel 2.6 with realtime.0.04
>
> Don't know about 2.6 kernels. Have you tried setting muse suid root? I assume
> you are launching as muse -R (?)

What does muse -R do? I just run it as muse, and connect to jack. Not
sure what the realtime option does, just hangs on my computer.. unless I
change muse to suid (which is not necessary if it has been compiled with
rtcap). Don't worry about the kernel version. makes no difference.

James