[linux-audio-user] Suse vs. VXPocket on a T40 Thinkpad

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Suse vs. VXPocket on a T40 Thinkpad
From: Geoffrey Martin (GGM_AT_bang-olufsen.dk)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 16:27:10 EET

Hi,

I'm installing Suse 9.0 on an IBM T40 Thinkpad with a Digigram VXPocket
soundcard (for the third attempt...).

Suse cannot detect that the sound card is there (it sees the internal
card). When I try to override this and install manually, I get the
following message
An error occured during the installation of
VXPocket, Digigram
The kernel module snd-vxpocket for sound support could not be loaded. This
can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
parameters.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on how to fix this problem? I've
exhausted everything I know of....

Thanks
-geoff

Geoff Martin Ph.D.