Re: [Rosegarden-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.7 released

Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.7 released
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 11:09:34 EET

On Thursday 25 Mar 2004 10:37 pm, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> well, linuxthreads are written in C too...

Sorry, I should have answered more clearly. System headers are of
course written in C, but usually portably enough to allow them to be
included in either C or C++ programs. But this syntax

> > > { .__data = { .__kind = PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP } }

was not part of C when C++ was invented, and it isn't valid C++.

What best to do about it, I'm not sure. We could work around it in
Rosegarden by adding a separate C file just to define the mutexes in.
Maybe there's another usual workaround. Where does one get this
header from? Is there NPTL-specific documentation? Can you find out
why it uses such a recent C extension and whether there's an expected
way to use it from C++?

Chris