Re: [linux-audio-user] Beginner sampler questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Beginner sampler questions
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 04:13:56 EEST

Pete Bessman <ninjadroid_AT_ml1.net> writes:

> I wasn't thinking clearly then (I'm not now either...). Oh, do I have
> to do anything in particular to report my apps latency? It isn't
> abnormal, just the typical size-of-the-buffer thing.

You only report any output latency added by your application. The
buffer size really only affects the input and output latency of the
capture and playback driver. Between JACK clients it causes no
additional latency. But, if you run your output through some plugin
that delays the signal, you should report that.

This is not as clearly documented as it should be in the JACK
Reference Manual. Suggestions for improvement are welcome. :-)

--
  joq