RE: [linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus=distortion -- the sagacontinues (cardbus driver=culprit?) UPDATE: 99.9% sure it is the cardbus driver yenta_socket

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus=distortion -- the sagacontinues (cardbus driver=culprit?) UPDATE: 99.9% sure it is the cardbus driver yenta_socket
From: Ivica Ico Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 22:15:10 EEST

To add to what Tim mentioned, I think that the driver is fine as it does
work on select notebooks and desktops (the card can be plugged into either
PCI card or PCMCIA cardbus). Yet, in these select instances it does not work
even though neither the cardbus driver nor the actual card driver do not
report any particular problems. Hence the only logical explanation is that
there is something wrong with the pcmcia controller driver.

This card does tax the throughput of the cardbus like no other card I can
think of, hence the problem may be more widespread, but exhibits itself just
in this case where the cardbus is being pushed to its limits. Yet, the
hardware is not the issue when the same notebook/soundcard combo works
flawlessly in WinXP.

Hope this helps!

Ico