Re: [linux-audio-user] Software like "Battery" (Native Instruments)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Software like "Battery" (Native Instruments)
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 20:58:33 EEST

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 23:53, michael heubeck wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am searching for a software-solution like native instruments "Battery".
> i have got a Yamaha DD-14 eDrum and want to trigger wave-samples with the midi-controls from the yamaha.

For simple wave file triggering then Hydrogen, simsam, specimen or Linux
Sampler might work.

As for the other really useful features of Battery, there is nothing in
Linux I'm aware of. You might do better running Battery itself (assuming
of course that you won a copy) under Wine or the VST Server under Linux.

Good luck,
Mark