[linux-audio-user] What does underrun mean with aplay ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] What does underrun mean with aplay ?
From: Robert Rozman (rozman_AT_fri.uni-lj.si)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 09:29:28 EEST

Hi,

I have some problems with 6 channel sis 7012 device - I'm using it as 3
stereo channels. I trigger 3 different instances of aplay at once and I get
underrun messages from aplay.

What does this mean ?
How to solve this (bigger buffer? ) ?

It sounds like it is interleaved in short chunks (all channels are heard on
all channels) - so it's not really bearable.

Regards,

Robert.