[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.2 to 10.0 upgrade but using the 2.4.22 patched kernel...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.2 to 10.0 upgrade but using the 2.4.22 patched kernel...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 20:49:09 EEST

HI,

Can anyone tell me if I could upgrade my Mandrake laptop from 9.2 to
10.0 but continue using the 2.4 kernel?

I see lots of comments on the fact that the 2.6 kernel does not seem
very reliable for DAW stuff right now. My MDK 9.2 setup works well but
some of the front end "X" stuff is a bit flaky and the upgrade would
give me all the new versions of KDE, GNOME, etc.

Thanks

R~