Re: [linux-audio-user] maudio quattro & jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] maudio quattro & jack
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 18:29:58 EEST

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>There is a problem concerning setting the input sampleformat. The
>>Quattro does not conform to the usb specification, and no programming
>>info is available. When I still had mine, I followed a bug report on
>>the alsa bugtrack (http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug). I've
>>since sold my Quattro and gone on with my life.
>
> i haven't got my hdsp working yet and i'd like to keep the quattro on an
> old laptop (kernel 2.4) for recording

I use is regularly for DJing, although only with 2 channels. I used it
yesterday for recording with ardour and the sound was pretty crap. I
have at various times got excellent quality out of it though, it was
through the direct alsa layer.

I haven't tried it with latest jack and all the i/o options. If you have
the time it would be nice to hear how the latest code is working. You
should make sure you are using at least:

latest 2.6.x
latest cvs alsa drivers
latest cvs jack

Otherwise I will probably give it a run in the next few weeks ;)

You could always use it only with the alsa native drivers

arecord -f 24_3le -r 96000 -c 2 -D quattro1 -d 5 test.wav

will record a five second test at the highest quality available on the
first two channels.

I haven't had much luck using it with jack for recording. Last time I
tried it didn't work well enough for 4 channels and the 24 bit support
doesn't register for me (although it did for at least one other person).

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM