Re: [linux-audio-user] Intermitent Xruns...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Intermitent Xruns...
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 23:24:30 EEST

Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> Being eternally optimistic (Not!) these cards have SPDIF digital out. Is
> there any way to link them internally via software or even externally?
> (THought I'd ask the stupid question :) )

Not if they only have s/pdif outs on both cards.

You can hook a s/pdif out to a s/pdif in, and then IF, IF, IF, the card
with the s/pdif in has software to tell it to accept it's clock from
s/pdif instead of its crystal you could tell it to sync to s/pdif.

I doubt that a SB has this capability, but I'm and optimist also, so go
look I suppose.

Wish it was easier, but your trying to do something with two $19 cards
that I had to buy $500 cards to accomplish. I don't want you to be *too*
successful. ;-)

If you are a home brew type, you might possibly be able to find a clock
signal on one board, cut away that signal on the second card and hook a
wire between the two. That way both cards would run at 44099 Hz, if they
ran at all... ;-) (If they didn't, it's only $19 though, right?)

Good luck,
Mark