Re: [linux-audio-user] maudio quattro & jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] maudio quattro & jack
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 05:08:50 EEST

Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i've not been able to really use the alsa layer ... i always sticked
> to oss the only way for getting 4 channels out of pd
> ... i suppose with an old version of alsa (0.9.2 ???) i could get a 4
> channel sound out of pd (0.36 ???), but i never tried jack that time ...
>
> arecord / aplay are probably working since they are the reference
> implementations of alsa ... but i'd like to use them with jack, not
> because of recording but live-sampling /-processing...

Yes it would be nice to get jack working correctly with the quattro.

For reference I successfully recorded for a few hours using 4 channels
of the quattro over nfs and had perfect sound quality and no dropouts
with arecord.

One thing is that many people have reported getting very good results with

jackd -d alsa -d -r 48000 -p 480 -n 3 -d quattro1/2

I think your seeing strange results in non realtime mode for other
reasons. Do you use jackstart as a normal user?

I always run my sound apps as root on this machine so haven't looked
into non realtime mode.

Have you also tried using the only playback and only record options?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM