Re: [linux-audio-user] New Kernel; No Sound. Linux-2.6.5 ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New Kernel; No Sound. Linux-2.6.5 ALSA
From: Martin McCormick (martin_AT_dc.cis.okstate.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 16:17:18 EEST

tim hall writes:
>It sounds like you've installed ALSA ok.
>Now you need to configure it
>I have it in /etc/alsa/modultils/
>then do 'update-modules'.

        I am logging in to the system in question from my work place,
but I see that the path described in /etc/modutils/alsa points to a
directory that doesn't yet exist. Somehow, I missed the
update-modules step.

        It is elegant how that actually works since by using the uname
command, one's module path changes when the kernel does so you
automatically get the correct set of modules attached to your kernel
no matter what it is.

        anyway, I can try it all out when I go home tonight. I bet
you have solved the puzzle. A thousand thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group