Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Quattro and 2.6

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Quattro and 2.6
From: Tim Blechmann (TimBlechmann_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 21:56:38 EEST

there are two issues with the quattro:

the 2.6 issue: (haven't tried it yet)
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:12:45 -0500 (EST)
> From: Alan Stern <stern_AT_rowland.harvard.edu>
> Cc: USB development list <linux-usb-devel_AT_lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: invalid alternate setting
>
> Here's an announcement for people interested in using USB
> devices with invalid configuration descriptors. I've completed
> a series of patches that will make the system accept such
> devices, to the extent that it can. You will have to apply all
> three patches in sequence; each is a prerequisite for the next.
> They should go on top of a 2.6.4 system. The patches are:
>
> as221:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937025411336&w=2
> as222:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937021027794&w=2
> as223:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=107937029404286&w=2
>
> The first two patches just improve the error logging; you might
> like to see what happens when you plug in your devices. The
> third is the one that changes the kernel's behavior. Please let
> me know if the patches don't work as expected.
>
> Not all the USB drivers will work properly with that third patch
> installed, so be warned. The USB audio class driver should be
> okay. I have no idea what will happen with the ALSA USB
> audio/MIDI driver; it hasn't been updated yet.
>
> Alan Stern

> You will find a dirty fix for the 2.6 issue. The alsa people are
> trying to get the noise issue fixed. See bug #48 on alsa bugtrack.
i'm curious about this one ... i experienced it for quite some time ...
using the patch provided at the alsa bugtrack it seems to improve, but
it's not completely solved, yet ... at least not on my machine ...

cheers...

 Tim mailto:TimBlechmann_AT_gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783

--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,