Re: [linux-audio-user] isolate the bass line

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] isolate the bass line
From: Doug James (dcjames_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 22:06:25 EEST

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:15, millward wrote:
> Could someone advise me on what software
> to use to isolate the bass line in a .wav file?
> I'm running Linux Red Hat 9.0 but I have a
> friend with an XP machine, so anything that
> works on either would be OK.
> That is, if it's not too expensive.

I'm assuming that you mean a stereo wav file of a song. If that's the
case, unless the bass is by itself on one channel and *everything* else
is on the other channel, you can't do it.

That said, you can try a high shelf EQ to bring the bass line out and
make it easier to hear, then record as you or a bass player plays along
with it to get a solo bass track.