Re: [linux-audio-user] digidesign mbox

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] digidesign mbox
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 17:16:08 EEST

juto aviten wrote:
> Hi,
> do you know if the usb sound card mbox from digidesign could be used
> under linux or it's all proprietary and only link to protool$. I know
> someone who want to switch to linux but she bought this card, I didn't
> find anything on alsa project and not really on internet...
>
> thanks for your help
>

> juto

Juto,
    I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I'll suggest that if it does work that
way then you'll be able to find evidence of it in Sonar, Cakewalk, Logic
forums of people using it. If you cannot find it there (as I think you
won't be able to) then it probably doesn't follow that spec.

    DigiDesign has ALWAYS required people to use their software with
their hardware. Their business model is 'Expensive hardware, free software'.

- Mark