Re: [linux-audio-user] DAW controllers for audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] DAW controllers for audio
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 21:55:14 EEST

Sampo Savolainen wrote:

>Does anyone have experience controlling Ardour with an physical daw
>controller? I'm looking into either midi or usb devices.
>
>Optimal would be a small USB controller, with maybe 4 configurable
>sliders, a wheel and transport control. I would prefer not paying for
>audio features, but it would be nice if the controller would double as a
>midi interface.
>
>I also heard about (cheap?) mixers which output midi and could act as
>controllers.

You're supposed to be able to assign MIDI CC's to the faders by
ctrl+middle clicking on the fader. I have a Peavy 16 fader MIDI
controler and it works with other apps, but Ardour doesn't see it. Don't
know why. haven't had time to talk to the devs about it yet. There are
helpful people on #ardour on irc.freenode.net.

-lee