Re: [linux-audio-user] How achieve smooth playing of multipleinstances of linux audio players

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How achieve smooth playing of multipleinstances of linux audio players
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 03:05:44 EEST

> Hi,
> thanks for response. I have Suse 9.0 - what is this distro like from audio
> playing standpoint ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert.

I haven't been following this thread, but I run Suse 9.0 and my
experiences is that the "pre-packaged" audio apps are usually outdated.
But the "dependencies" (libaries, gui tools and nessesay other things)
are quite updated. I seldom have a problem downloading and compiling a
newer version of an app because Suse 9.0 supplies the nessesay (updated)
dependencies.

The thing that threw me for a long time was that when an app says that
you need a certain dependency, a lot of times they're referring to the
"devel" equivalent. In other words (for example) if you need
"libsndfile" to properly build the app, you probly need to go to yast2
and install "libsndfile-devel" also. But maybe you already know that.

Rocco