Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording RealPlayer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording RealPlayer
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:25:04 EEST

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 03:56, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> > I've used mplayer, along with an appropriate set of Real
> > codecs, with mixed (but often positive) results. Audio
> > works much more reliably than video.
> I have succesfully converted realaudio video streams to VCD
> (so I could play them in a standalone DVD player) with mplayer
> and mjpegtools. YMMV.

I have too, but I've also run into realvideo streams that caused
mplayer to punt, even with the latest codecs. I have also often
run into sync or frame rate problems if I try to do the
conversion in one pass (rather than converting to some interim
fixed-frame-rate format.) Through it all, the audio has
converted fine, it's just the video that's a bit dodgy.

Rob