Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB
From: aacton_AT_yorku.ca
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 05:31:43 EEST

Quoting Wade Winright <wade_AT_northwestvision.com>:

> From what I have read, the Quattro will handle the 4 separate inputs, and
> jack
> would possibly be able to send these separate signals to a piece of software
> that can record each as a separate track. (Ardour, Audacity maybe?)
>
> Does that sound like a reasonable setup?

Reasonable, yes. Easy, no.

My quattro has been NOTHING but trouble since I got it.
- problems with jack underruns (even on optimized system)
- problems with routing channels
- problems with sampling rates
- problems with OSS emulation
- problems with 2.6 kernel

I bought an M-Audio Delta 44, and it's a JOY. SO much simpler, reliable, and
fun to use. Too bad it's PCI only though, as I only have one PCI slot on my
machine, and would much rather devote it to other things...

Austin