Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 01:50:11 EEST

Hallo,
Wade Winright hat gesagt: // Wade Winright wrote:

> Would share what USB device you are happy with currently?

I now have the Terratec Aureon USB. Not because it would be the
absolute best device, but because it was cheap and works. I didn't
want to be forced to stick to a device, which might not work, but was
very expensive like the Quattro. I also considered the Terratec
Phase26 on the more expensive side, but decided against it in the end.

But as I wrote: try to get a device, that you could turn back in if it
creates problems. You can test USB devices very easily on Linux, as
most use the same driver - only the Tascams use another driver. In
fact, USB-sound on Linux turned out to be easier than on Windows. The
colleague who tested the devices on Win had much more problems than I
had (crashes and all that).

Ciao