Re: [linux-audio-user] BR532 multitracker file format / sync

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] BR532 multitracker file format / sync
From: Joe Button (linux-audio-user_AT_joebutton.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 15:08:17 EEST

[sorry if people get this message more than once - technical probs]

On Thursday 22 April 2004 11:04, Joe Button wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I have a Boss BR-532 digital multitrack, which saves my songs onto
> SmartMedia cards. I can then get these files onto my PC using a USB card
> reader.

> does anyone have any clue as to how I might
> convert the files from the BR-532's internal format to WAV or whatever? I
> can do this using a Windows GUI program supplied by Boss (runs fine under
> wine), but the interface is rather fiddly and limited.

As an aside, in case it helps anyone else, I had to put this in
~/.cxoffice/dotwine/config to get the file converter prog to recognise my
local copy of the files as a windows drive:

[Drive Q]
"Path" = "/home/joe/br532/hd"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Memory card"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

So now I can copy my SmartMedia card's contents into /home/joe/br532/
rm -rf /home/joe/br532/hd/
cp -a /mnt/hd /home/joe/br532

and card's contents then show up as drive Q in the nasty Windows converter
thingy. Of course it would be possible to just make '/mnt/hd' drive Q and
work directly from the card, but this way I get to back everything up at the
same time.

Probably not very interisting to most of you, but maybe oneday some will find
this in the archives and be eternally grateful...