[linux-audio-user] Re: log sine sweeps

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: log sine sweeps
From: Christian Frisson (theremin_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 15:26:48 EEST

Hi Martin,
Another mailinglist worth posting is music-dsp:
http://music.calarts.edu/~glmrboy/musicdsp/music-dsp.html

There you may often meet Angelo Farina, who has made available an amazing
quantity of publications about Room Acoustics among other fields:
http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Public/Papers/list_pub.htm

For your concern, let me quote the following one:
"APLODSP, design of customizable Audio Processor for LOudspeaker system
compensation by DSP", 109th AES Audio Convention, Los Angeles, 18-22 September 2000,
http://www.ramsete.com/Public/Papers/147-AES00.PDF

When it comes to Linux, you may already know the "Sound & MIDI Software For
Linux" ressource site, which contains the following sections:
- DSP Software: http://linux-sound.org/dsp.html
- Scopes: http://linux-sound.org/scopes.html

Not featured there for the moment, JAAA (the Jack and Alsa Audio Analyser), by
Fons Adriaensen, will be presented at the 2nd International Linux Audio
Conference, 29 April - 2 May 2004, ZKM Center:
http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxaudio/
http://on1.zkm.de/zkm/stories/storyReader$3625#abstract_adriaensen02

If you want ISO-normalized linear or logarithmic swept sines, have your own
series burnt with Reference Audio CD:
http://refacd.sourceforge.net/

There are other techniques worth-using when it comes to getting room impulse
compared on this document:
"Comparison of different impulse response measurement techniques", G.-B. Stan,
J.-J. Embrechts, D. Archambeau, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Vol.
50 (2002), n°4, pp. 249-262,
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~stan/ArticleJAES.pdf

You can at last also check my Mozilla-generated bookmarks page, where you'll
find most of the above, bearing in mind it is frequently subject to change:
http://theremin.free.fr/hunchback/index.php?nodes=|0|1|50|

This points you to the following nodes (remove the last prefix of the url in
case of malfunction):
+ ArkaKlap
        + Kontenu
                + Kode (Dev Ressources)
                + Kours (Papers)
                + Koncurrence (Soft- & Hardware Ressources)

I'll try to make Octave m-files (an opensource 95% Matlab clone) available by
the end of May: MLS / swept sine generation, impulse response extraction,
inverse filtering...

Cheers,
Christian Frisson