Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 13:37:14 EEST

> So you can get a root shell? Check /etc/fstab to see if it is pointing
> to the right places, particular that "/" is pointing to the right
> device.

you know, it's not a normal "root" shell - not that I know what I'm talking
about there - but its prompt is
(repair file system) #

and you can't just change to /etc (unless i'm crazy or something) - you
gotta like go find /dev/hdb3 or hda2 or whatnot - it took a little sniffing
to get to /etc - - but now that I think about it, maybe I was crazy.

I will try again to make sure.

I'm still kind of curious as to the CAUSE of this problem. I didn't expect
that an ardour crash could corrupt the file system or maybe even the
physical disk, and that's what started the mess - unless that was a
coincidence... hmmm...