[linux-audio-user] Xvnc remote to audio box...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Xvnc remote to audio box...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 01:33:20 EEST

Althoug a little off topic, I'm trying to do the following with a Linux
DAW...

I want to use this box live without mouse, monitor or keyboard. I'm
running MDK 10.0, 2.6.5 Kernel. I want to boot it anf log into it with
VNC or similar from my Win XP laptop probably using 100MB lan cards on
both.

I have VNC setup to fire up on boot. I can get a login on screen " :1 "
but when I try to run Jack, it seems not to see the alsa drivers
correctly. Is it because other X server desktops don't have the machine
privileges that the default 0 screen has? I have everything working fine
on a regular login on the local box...

Any Xvnc gurus out there. I am not locked into vnc either...if there is
something better for the outlined purpose, I'm up for that too. I dont
mind which GUI I use...I have Xfce4, Blackbox, iceWM, fluxbox, etc,etc.

Thnx

R~