[linux-audio-user] Re: well well

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: well well
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 05:07:19 EEST

Aaron Trumm <aaron_AT_nquit.com>, on Sun Apr 25, 2004 [07:21:58 PM] said:
> someone else mentioned seq too and I've been trying to use it but can't get
> the syntax right - what you've just posted is new to me
>
> is there a bash reference somewhere? obviously there is - the tutorial I
> was reading didn't mention seq though
>
> I tried
>
> for X in seq '1 9'
>
> and
> for X in seq 1 9
>
> but neither of those works

        Hi;

        seq is just a handy command, not a part of bash. (man seq
for useful options) If you want to access the output of a useful
command in one of your scripts, you could do it like this:

for X in $(seq 1 99) ; do

or

for X in `seq 1 99` ; do

Unix has many many little commands designed to make your life
easier, particularly for scripts.

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com