Re: [linux-audio-user] eliminating track gaps

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] eliminating track gaps
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 19:41:37 EEST

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:50:12AM -0700, Jack Bowling wrote:
> I would like some confirmation that the two methods of eliminating the
> 2-second pre-gap when burning CDs is to:
>
> 1) Burn in DAO mode

Yes, possibly by using dao, for which you prepare a text file
describing the exact format of the whole CD and each track.

My first attempt to use cdrecord in DAO mode failed; that was a while ago
and I haven't tried recently, with a newer version of
cdrecord and a different CDR drive.

> 2) cat all files into one humungous track.

You can do that but then your CD will just have the one track and
finding places on it will be hard work. Also I don't think you
can use cat on WAV files as they have headers which would appear as
bursts of noise - but you could join then together with ecasound,
audacity or similar.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk