[linux-audio-user] Stereo delayed crossmixing

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Stereo delayed crossmixing
From: andrew_AT_qpsf.edu.au
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 05:30:08 EEST

Hi,

New to the list and looking for a package to do stereo delayed crossmixing.
What I mean by this is to take a stereo signal (from CD, by preference)
and send right and left channels through delay lines, individually
adjustable to sub-millisecond delays, then mix each delayed signal
with the un-delayed signal of the opposite channel, then feed to the
output device. Processing in real-time (latency end-to-end is not an
issue.) Note: there is *no* feedback of delayed signals - echo is not
what I'm after - this is strictly feed-forward delayed crossmixing.
Frequency-binned multiple delay lines would be an interesting add-on.

I've been searching for packages capable of doing this - if anyone is
familiar with something that would do, I'd be really grateful for advice.

TIA,
Andrew