[linux-audio-user] Integrating Flash with PD/CSound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Integrating Flash with PD/CSound
From: Marcus (marcus_AT_computerkraft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 03:52:50 EEST

Hello,

I'm a moderately experienced PD user and I'm just starting to dip my
toes into CSound as well. I'm interested in developing user-friendly
front ends for a few of my generative patches, and I would love to be
able to use Macromedia's Flash to design them. I would be especially
pleased if I could also stream the audio back through Flash so that
these patches could be made widely accessible over the web.

The question is, how?

Once upon a time a PD external existed for this purpose (flashserver),
but its scope was limited somewhat and now I think the development has
stopped. Is there a more fundamental way to move control data out of
Flash and into other complex sound apps, as well as sound out of these
apps and back through Flash?

Thanks,
Marcus.