Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get sound on remote X kde client

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get sound on remote X kde client
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen (hhj_AT_musikcheck.dk)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 00:33:20 EEST

    Robert> I got some solutions that are based on arts. I'll be
    Robert> satisfied with one music player (xmms or similar) and one
    Robert> video player to support arts.

    Robert> I set arts on server to output over network, now I need
    Robert> artsd on client that will receive stream and playit
    Robert> locally. But will artsd work without KDE ?

    Robert> Regards,

    Robert> Robert.

esd will also do that just set ESPEAKER env variable to which host it
should output to :-)

/Hasse