Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 02:19:04 EEST

Quoting Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan_AT_starband.net>:

> Don't blame you here...I went looking for ANY other possibility than
> Wine and Vst server...I have about a million vst plugs and the last time
> I tried to run VSTserver, my wife left, the house caught on fire, I
> kicked the dog, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know how mature or usable vmWare's audio "emulation" is, but have
you guys tried or considered using vmWare to run the Windows-side software?
 It's only a "hardware" emulator - the CPU stuff runs at 90-95% full speed.

I've used it very effectively on server consolidations and to eliminate the
random flake-factors of running Wintendo.

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.