Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity/Windows/Plugins
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 04:27:34 EEST

Quoting Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan_AT_starband.net>:

> Think I used 4.0 when it first came out...Only worked as a 500mhz
> virtual machine on a 650mhz box. I would think the latency and extra
> layers of "stuff" would be hard to live with on a DAW where resources
> and latency are king??

Sure! But if it's just a CPU process [a software filter/processor], then
vmWare won't be getting in the way really - and today's boxen are well over
2GHz. But then again, I just realised... how would those hosts communicate
with the linux-side components. I doubt VST has a "network transport" mode,
alas. Alas, I didn't think of that minor detail.

When in doubt, seek Quality.

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.