Re: [linux-audio-user] All-Soft audio question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] All-Soft audio question
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 06:11:11 EEST

Malcolm,

I think there's a clue here :-)

On Friday 30 April 2004 02:23, Malcolm Baldridge wrote:
> > Well, I'm running nearly a month behind, and it's just about May 1...
>
> That's nice, but if you don't better explain what you're asking about and
> what you need, you won't be able to get answers (which help you).

I suggest that Aaron ties a little bit of string to his little finger with a
label on it marked 'Gentoo' and Imagines the X display with fluxbox running
on it. Perhaps the sample rate conversions could be acheived by representing
the samples bitwise in say, peaches and converting to grapes for higher
bitrates, possibly using raisins for compressed formats? The kernels in this
case would then be redundant hardware. Doing this wirelessly wouldn't be a
problem.

It might be possible to replace the server with a single block of expanded
polyeurethane, for an entirely 'soft' computerless solution };-)

cheers

tim hall