Re: [linux-audio-user] cd burning; multiple songs from one .wav file

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] cd burning; multiple songs from one .wav file
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 16:49:36 EEST

> On the topic of burning a CD, is it possible to define
> the start and stop points for many songs within one
> large file?

Sure, and you can easily see this looking at the output of
cdrdao read-toc

$ cdrdao read-toc --fast-toc --device 0,0,0 /tmp/foo.toc

(0,0,0 is my cdrom device, with ide-scsi emulation)

this contains stuff like:

// Track 5
TRACK AUDIO
NO COPY
NO PRE_EMPHASIS
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
FILE "data.wav" 14:42:15 03:06:20

// Track 6
TRACK AUDIO
NO COPY
NO PRE_EMPHASIS
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
FILE "data.wav" 17:48:35 03:03:58

As you can see, it uses one large data.wav file, and starting points
in that file + length for each track (and in this case, with no silence
in between).