Re: [linux-audio-user] rezound as jack client

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] rezound as jack client
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 23:00:40 EEST

My current [Gentoo] Rezound doesn't do this on my PC, but does on my
PPC. Also, I remember my CCRMA Rezound acting similar. If that isn't bad
enough, you also won't get anything like normal throughput using Rezound
+ Jack. My typical experience in this way had lots of glitches and
awful, repetitive buffering noises.

In such a situation, Rezound is totally unreliable for recording with
Jack, and its only thinkable use would be to edit samples while in th
emiddle of a Jack session.

The problem is that Rezound is a very unruley Jack client, and the
makers fully acknowledge this. One solution is to put more pressure [in
the nicest possibly way] on the Rezound list to make the app fully
compatible with Jack.

Another problem, which goes hand-in-hand with this, is Audacity's
anachronistic dependency on OSS. The new versions of Audacity can do
lots of stuff that I otherwise would use Ardour for... namely the
ability to load lots of different clips and do my arrangements there.
But without Jack, or even ALSA, I don't see myself ever using it as a
real sound app in my setup. So Rezound, buggy as it is, remains the main
choice.

good luck,
d.

--