Re: [linux-audio-user] rezound as jack client

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] rezound as jack client
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 04:45:50 EEST

By the way, most of the rants you read about ext3 being "bad" for
deterministic latency no longer apply when you use journal=writeback mode.

I suspect Reiserfs and/or XFS to still remain superior for large files-I/Os,
however, but journal=writeback should eliminate the periodic spikes in file
append turn-around times.

I suspect the data ordering of journal=ordered is probably of little use in
DAW applications for the simple reason that if you crash, you would probably
toss your session file that was interrupted anyway. Some file formats are
corrupted anyway if they are not "finalised" with proper closure. .WAV is
one such format [which needs RIFF headers to be written with correct sample
counts, etc].

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh
Quality-ishi krimpatul,

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.