[linux-audio-user] Firewire audio support?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Firewire audio support?
From: Samuel Thurston (sam_AT_umbrella-media.com)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 01:17:24 EEST

I am in need of an external audio interface for my laptop. I want it to
be firewire, and I currently use both linux and windows for audio(dual
boot). I was strongly considering the M-Audio Firewire 410:

http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=5f35def5b4107998b11119907053a313
<http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=5f35def5b4107998b11119907053a313>

But I don't see it on the ALSA compat. list. Anybody have any good
suggestions? I want something that is compatible with Macs as well,
since I think that's where I'm headed.