[linux-audio-user] 2 audio cards with Red Hat 9.0?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] 2 audio cards with Red Hat 9.0?
From: millward (millward_AT_ms.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 19:13:14 EEST

Is there a way for Red Hat 9.0 to switch
between two different sound cards?
I've got an ASUS A7N8X motherboard that
has on-board audio. It's a Realtek ALC650
6CH with built-in HP amplifier.
This is what Red Hat identifies now. I need
it for DVD movies and audio CD since it can
be connected to my CD-R/DVD-ROM drive.
But for recording, I have an Audiofile 2496
PCI sound card.
It's in the machine now, but Red Hat does not
recoginize it. There doesn't seem to be any way
for the CD-R/DVD-ROM drive to connect to the
Audiofile 2496 PCI sound card.
Is there a way for Red Hat 9.0 to recognize
both at the same time, or to switch between them?