Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB (EMI 6|2m)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB (EMI 6|2m)
From: Jorma R (rjorma_AT_jippii.fi)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 08:51:33 EEST

> Jorma R wrote:
> > What I haven't figured out is how to make the EMI capture at 6*24/44100
> > and playback at 2*16/44100 which would be the maximum performance by
> > this box.
>
> Jack always tries to use the same sample format for both playback and
> capture.
>
> Try this:
>
> pcm.emi62 {
> type hw
> card 0 # or whatever it is
> }
>
> pcm.emi_all_24 {
> type asym
> playback.pcm {
> type linear
> slave {
> pcm emi62
> format S16_LE
> }
> }
> capture.pcm emi62
> }
>
> ctl.emi_all_24 {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>

> HTH
> Clemens

Thaks for this Clemens - I could not figure the suntax out myself. This
got me further but unfortunately did not entirely resolve the problem.

Now I do get 24-bit capture and 16-bit playback. But only with 2
channels of each. :) If I do not set the -i 2 switch for Jack I get only
silence in the output ports.

With 2 i/o channels I get the correct bit depths for both so the
configuration above seems to be right. The rest may well be
emi-spesific.

I'll keep experimenting.

-Jorma

__