Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Conference #2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Conference #2
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 18:12:15 EEST

Hallo,
tim hall hat gesagt: // tim hall wrote:

> The areas for improvement are probably obvious and the advances in Linux
> Multimedia will more things possible in future. It's a great way of
> showcasing what Linux is capable of Multimedia-wise.
> Where people had pre-prepared presentations they were available on
> the Web. Frank Barknecht, Steve Harris and Joern Nettingsmeier have
> to be praised for the quality of information here.

Thank you. I'd really like to point out Victor Lazzarinis papers as
well. I missed his talk and now will wait for the audio version to
follow the slides, but from a short look they seem to be a really
extensive and well made introduction to FFT and spectral processing.
Add to that his ~40 page PDF written very clearly: wonderful.

> The whole has made me curious as to the possibilities of using musical
> programming languages. Particularly, hearing Frank and Fernando Pablo
> Lopez-Lezcano producing recognisable music using these techniques was
> particularly revealing. The concerts were maginficent, I'd like pointers to
> these other composers' websites for more info, downloadable music, hell, I'd
> even pay for CDs :-) If anyone knows.

Some concerts were streamed? I didn't know that. If someone has
wget-recorded mine (beginning of Linux Sound Night, about 16 minutes),
I actually would be interested in hearing at what I actually did on
stage. It was my debut there with a laptop and so I was in a tizzy and
forgot to set up Pd for recording the things I did live, which I
intended to do... ;-(

Ciao