[linux-audio-user] spdif in on built in cmedia sound card?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] spdif in on built in cmedia sound card?
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 00:27:54 EEST

I think I was inquiring into this before at one point long ago, but I can't
find much that's helpful

I've got a red hat 9 box, latest planetccrma kernel and packages - using the
cmedia sound card that's built in to the soyo dragon mobo

trying to get spdif IN working, especially in Ardour - but no luck

SPDIF Out works, but not spdif in

i've been in alsamixer (and sometimes gamix) to penis around with the
various settings (enabling ie6blahblah 5v and "in select" and "in phase
reverse" and such and no combo has worked so far.

i have been able to get input from the lamo "line in" but not from spdif
in - haven't tried the optical in (or out) yet...hmmm...

anybody got ideas?