Re: [linux-audio-user] Is there a shortcut to merely test a midi device?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Is there a shortcut to merely test a midi device?
From: glyn (glyn_AT_interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 22:59:14 EEST

i tend to use a combination of gmidimon, PD, and a couple of simple
csound patches to test midi input/output. gmidimon, in particular, is
fairly effective for seeing whether you're getting midi input or not,
although it's kinda buggy. for sending out you could probably use PD
(or jmax), or one of the other apps mentioned in prior emails.

glyn