Re: [linux-audio-user] VSTserver on MDK 10.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] VSTserver on MDK 10.0
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 00:18:56 EEST

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 08:11, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Has anyone got Thacs vstserver and libvst working on mandrake?
>
> I have tried and tried to no avail. Wine is running and seems to fire up
> the standard stuff like filemanager, windblows games, etc.
>
> I suspect it's to do with libvst but don't know.
>
> I'd really like to get this working as I have many vst plugins.
>
> thanks
>

> R~

OK...I"M GOING TO KILL MYSELF~ Bloody great folder full of VST's and I
can't get the &&^%*((*) to work. (And that's NOT code I'm expressing) :P

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, added vst.so to every folder to every
server on the internet, I sat the box on its end and worshipped it...I
spread the blood of a freshly beheaded goat in a circle and chanted to
the great god of VST!!! WiNE is making me Whine!! Someone somewhere
must know where all the bits and pieces should go to make this work!
Does NOBODY love me anymore?? I like whales...I dont pick the wings
from butterflies. I even call mummy dearest on mum's day!

WINE is not whining...it works! I think its vstserver and some
dependency thingy...or maybee I should use a pig instead of a goat??

Please...I'm offering camels and small children! Take my wife, take mah
truck, take my stuff....just make it work, please, please, please,
please!!!

Whew! Grovelling is NOT in my nature....ergo...this is serious.
<insert fav. smiley wrinkly face here>