Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie checks in

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie checks in
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 11:44:46 EEST

> Ardour seems more robust than Audacity

That's not our experience. Audacity is one of the most mature audio
applications on Linux, while Ardour is still under heavy development
and goes from stable to unstable (and back) every week.

We've been using Audacity in the studio for several years, with good
results, but Ardour is not yet dependable enough that we can use it
as our main live recording tool. We look forward to Ardour version
1.0 when we probably will use it more, due to its realtime effects
and better overdub synchronisation. (Audacity has an overdub latency
problem, due to its OSS rather than ALSA or JACK interface).

Cheers

Daniel