Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] DAW controller sxpress 0.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] DAW controller sxpress 0.1
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 12:11:20 EEST

Quoting Daniel James <daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com>:

> Hello Sampo,
>
> > sxpress is for controlling MMC compatible software & hardware with
> > USB DAW controllers. The DAW controller is interfaced through the
> > Linux input event API and MMC is sent via the ALSA sequencer.
>
> This sounds very interesting - which controllers have you tested it
> with?

I have a Contour Shuttle Xpress. It's the more-than-modest controller from
Contour, it has a jog/wheel, dial and 5 buttons. It's enough for me.

The configuration I use is as an example in the .tar.gz. It has
start/stop/rewind/punch recording, MMC locate (dial) and varispeed control
(jog/wheel). I use it with Ardour.

 Sampo