Re: [linux-audio-user] A most bizarre problem.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A most bizarre problem.
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 03:46:02 EEST

> in alsamixer, look for a "Rec." toggle on the line-in channel. I had
> this very problem with my i810 compatible (nforce2) onboards sound.

Well, you see, therein lies my problem! I am using the LINE IN jack for
recording (of phone line audio).

Perhaps a graphic will illustrate it better.

                   /--- LEFT --- Line 1 Phone patch
LINE IN JACK: <====
                   \--- RIGHT--- Line 2 Phone patch

LINE OUT JACK:====> AT&T MERLIN PHONE SYSTEM [music-on-hold]

So I guess if I'm using the LINE IN jack on a PC for recording, I will
always get some of that mixed into the LINE OUT audio?

In my application, I would have preferred these to be isolated so that the
audio arriving into LINE IN would never be mixed into the LINE OUT audio,
but I guess this can't be done.

The Dark Lord upgraded all of his servers at Gorgoroth to Linux, seeking
Quality,

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.