Re: [linux-audio-user] jack_fst compilation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack_fst compilation
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 18:50:37 EEST

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 01:08:12PM +0200, Michael Iber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the ReadMe of jack_fst there is written
>
> "and are located in source/common. unfortunately aeffectx.h
> contains some constructors making the C compiler grok. Remove them we dont
> use them."
>
> Could somebody tell me, which fo the contructors I should delete, I have
> been quite unsuccessful with my choises yet (gcc 3.3.3), fst compiled just
> fine.

here is what you need to do:

cd fst/vst
../fixheaders

this removes the constructor.
then change:
        VstFileType *fileTypes; // list of fileTypes
to this:
        struct VstFileType *fileTypes; // list of fileTypes

for other errors in aeffectx.h do the same.
then install fst again.

after that everything should be fine.

and while your at it get gAlan-0.3.0-beta6 :)

if the window embedding does not work, set Managed="N" in ~/.wine/config
you will have to live with this until i find the right fix for this.

or use fluxbox or IceWM.
if you got success with other window managers please report that.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language