Re: [linux-audio-user] LJ On-line article re: LAC2004

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LJ On-line article re: LAC2004
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 13:19:54 EEST

> > Better than that, the ZKM has a pretty amazing eight-speaker
> > system in the Kubus theatre.
>
> Is any of the music stuff that was presented (Neuron, then the
> composer's exhibit) available online now?

I understand there were some licensing problems with the broadcast of
live music from the event.

> > So that's what those eight soundcard outputs are for!
>
> Heh... RME? M-Audio? ;-)

There is another use for eight analogue outputs if you have an
analogue desk with 'tape' monitoring. You can hit the 'tape' button
on each channel and get a comparison of the original signal with the
post-processed sound. That's why I got an eight-output device,
anyway.

Cheers

Daniel