[linux-audio-user] jack and sblive inputs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] jack and sblive inputs
From: michelangelo79\@libero\.it
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 14:32:41 EEST

Hi People!

I've been searchin around to solve my little problem but couldnt find any
solution yet.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! sound card and the problem is that when
i star jack deamon, i have only 2 input channel and 2 output channel.
Not bad for the output (even if my sound card has more, i need only that two).
Too bad for the input!
I noticed that the two output channel are not really two separate channel, but
left channel and right channel of the same output plug in sblive.
In the same way the two input channel are left channel and right channel of
the line-in plug.
I wonder how can I add a third input channel for the microphone plug? (just
one 'cause mic is mono).

To start jack i use qjackctl, i tried to put 3 input channels in the setup
section, but deamon do not start with this configuration! :
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
ALSA: cannot set channel count to 3 for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa
13:33:10.468 JACK was stopped successfully.

While when starting jack deamon with only 2 channels (one plug) the command
line used by qjackctl is:

jackd -v -R -t500 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -i2 -o2

Any help is apriciated! :)
Thank you all!

Michelangelo