[linux-audio-user] ALSA and M-Audio Dio2448 SPDIF input (again)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and M-Audio Dio2448 SPDIF input (again)
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 19:55:40 EEST

Thanks to some recent help here, I've now found several applications that
appear to control my DIO2448 with ALSA.

I still can't get it to record fromt he SPDIF input though.
ALSA has installed the generic CMI PCI 8738 driver, which I believe is
the correct thing to do. Apps like alsamixergui have the right switches,
but something seems to be disabled. The IEC958 In select doen't respond,
and I can't find any docs which explain, e.g.
- what combination of controls is required for this
- what "IEC958 IN Valid" means (it's a control input, not a status
        display...)
- what values I'm likely to need to change with iecset

I can enable/disable monitoring of IEC958 input though analog output,
and the IEC958 phase invert has the expected effect, so the driver is
installed correctly.

Should I be able to record with Audacity 1.2.0, with the alsa-oss package
installed? Audacity plays OK.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk