Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and M-Audio Dio2448 SPDIF input (again)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and M-Audio Dio2448 SPDIF input (again)
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 17:15:29 EEST

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 02:56:02PM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> arecord displays the input signal with the -vv switch. If you don't
> want to actually record to a file, use something like:
>
> arecord -D hw:0,2 -f dat -vv /dev/null

So that's how I should use "hw:" !
It occurred to me as I posted the question that I should RTFM first.
OK, I'll have to wait till I get home before I can try this.

> (or "-f cd" if the input is 44.1 kHz)

Yes, I must have read some of "man arecord" because I knew about -f cd
Many thanks for the hint.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444